Thursday, May 31, 2012

Our Words

We know that our words have power, we have been created in the image of our God, who spoke the world into existence, so it stands to reason that same power is within us.

Proverbs 18.21 tell us,
Death and life are in the power of the tongue (NKJ)
the Message puts it this way,
Words kill, words give life:
they're either poison or fruit -- you choose.

Words are the seeds that we plant every single day.

During one of my devotions this week, the Holy Spirit lead me to Psalm 21. Gosh it really touched my heart.

This is a great confession! I have adapted it, I have made it very personal between God and I :)


May you oh Lord answer me in the day of trouble;
May the name of the God of Jacob defend me;
May You send me help from the sanctuary.
And strengthen me out of Zion;
May You remember all my offerings,
And accept my burnt sacrifice.
May You grant me according to my hearts desire
And fulfill all my purpose
I will rejoice in my salvation,
And in the name of my God I

will set up my banners!
May You oh Lord fulfill all my petitions.
Now I know that the Lord saves
His anointed;
You will answer Me from your Holy heaven
With the saving strength of Your right hand
Some trust in chariots, and some
in horses;
But I will remember the name
of the Lord my God!

Hallelujah!!!

We serve a Mighty God!

So be aware of what is coming out of your mouth, realise that the angels are standing by waiting for some awesome, faith fill words to come out of you, so that they can fulfill them to their greatest good!
Don't for one more moment give the enemy one more iota to work with!!


Lotsa love
xx

1 comment:

  1. Our words have great power indeed and sometimes it gets so tiring holding my tongue! Lord I need your help!

    ReplyDelete