Monday, May 28, 2012

Quality Time

Following on from my last post...

 If we want to walk in freedom with our God, we need to be in relationship with Him.

I wanted to chat about having a quite time with Abba.

 Quiet time is that special time of day that you set aside to spend with the Lord

There is no hard and fast rule as to when or where to have your devotional time. Some have it before bed time, others prefer the crack of dawn, while some enjoy their quiet time in the car on the way to work.

 It has become the highlight of my day!
For me I set time aside, to spend time with Him, when Kenzie goes down for her mid-morning nap.

Sometimes I sit out on the patio, if it's warm :) but most times I sit in my favourite chair in my study. Usually with a cuppa...

All relationships need time to grow. When we invest our time with those special people in our lives, our friendship bonds and love bonds strengthen. It is exactly the same with the Lord. We need to get to the place where it is a pleasure to sit and have fellowship with God. He loves it! Because He is a God of relationships
. He says in Jeremiah 29:13-14
Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. (14) I will be found by you, says the Lord... (AMP)

"When you call on Me, when you come and pray to Me, I'll listen.
When you come looking for Me, you'll find Me.
Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed" God's Decree (MESSAGE)

What a beautiful promise! Thank you Father. That just makes my heart sing! What an invitation!

There are no rules as to how you choose to spend your quiet time.
This is how I spend mine.

When I sit in my favourite chair, I always hear these words in my heart..."What would it be like if Jesus was here with you right now?" I will then use my imagination, and imagine what it would indeed feel like. There is complete peace in God's presence, there is a tangible love, and calm. I invite the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in to come and join me. The Word tells me that I am seated with Christ, and that He is with me always, and the Holy Spirit has been sent here to help, teach and guide me. So it makes sense that they would always be with me.
I think that often times we forget, that we are not alone. Using your God given imagination is a fabulous tool.
At first I must admit that I did feel like a bit of a paw-paw sitting here with my eyes closed shut, trying to imagine... (^^,)
(I first heard a teaching on this subject by a wonderful teacher by the name of Clarke Taylor. He is in his seventies now, and has the most beautiful and awe-inspiring relationship with God.)
If this freaks you out a bit, it's ok :) just practice a little. Abba is your Father, and if you can't be real with Him, then who can you be real with.?

I really try not to keep to any formal routine when I spend time with Jesus.
 I love to read a little devotional first off. I have been reading Faith to Faith by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland. I have had this little book for years! I always seem to go back to it. They are short powerful little nuggets that really stir up my faith. I was so excited to see that they have made it an iPod app called Power Up (oops sidetracked!)
Then I read a Proverb, conveniently there are 31 of them, so that makes one a day! hehe
 And then I read a Psalm. I love the Psalms.
David is recorded as a man after God's own heart. He was quite a piece of work wasn't he, shew!! He did it all, and still he had God's heart! So I know that there is most definitely hope for me! LOL
I usually also read a passage of scripture related to the devotional reading, or, if the Holy Spirit leads me somewhere..

It's important to read the Word, not only does it give us insight as to who God is, but it also fills up our 'spiritual tank'. So that when we go through the rougher and tougher seasons in life, we have something to drawn from!

Journalling is also a great tool. There are many entries in my journal, that have beautiful words written in it from my Saviour just for me.

My Abba knows that I have other duties that have to be done before I fetch the big girls from school, that no matter how much time we have spent together. He always redeems the time for me. I always get my chores done!
He really is an Awesome, Wonderful and truly Magnificent God!

The more we start to spend time in God's presence the more we will start to sense His heart beat.  His attributes will start to 'rub off' on you. You will start to think differently. You will start to grow! And that is so exciting!



I would love to hear of your progress, as we grow together.


Lotsa love
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment