Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

I just wanted to wish all my very special friends in the USA. A very happy 4th of July!



Over the past few years I have grown to love your country! In 2006 my precious Momma moved over to the States for work purposes.



She lives in a beautiful town outside of Mananas, in Northern Virginia. The Father has made a way for Jan and I to visit her every year since she has been gone. I have met the most wonderful people on all of my visits, and have made some very special friends. They have become like family to me.

In 2009, Jan and I went to visit in July. And we were able to spend the 4th with our treasured American family! We had so much fun! First was the town parade, then Starbucks for a much needed coffee, then back home to start the prep for the evening....

Table set...


And filled to breaking point with all the most fabulous food! I still dream about Missy's potato salad, and will never forget Pam's garlic salad! Oh and the burgers were sublime...sigh...

So when we were there, I was 7 months pregnant, so when you see this next pic, that belly is full of Mackenzie! But it did give me a big excuse to eat as much as I could!! hehehe


I love to take time to relive all the wonderful memories that I have stored away, of all my wonderful adventures in the States. I am really trusting the Lord that He will make a way for me to come over next month, so that I can spend quality time with Mom and make more wonderful memories!!

I love the States, and all it represents! The land of the Brave and Free


I am so grateful to Jesus, thank you Jesus that we can all live in your freedom!!

Chat soon,

Niqui xx

4 comments:

  1. I was just thinking today about our amazing memories of that day. Makes me miss you and mom so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for always sharing such beautiful people and stories in your life, and I feel so blessed each time I come and visit your blog. Jesus is truly good. And I am so, so grateful for our beautiful nation.

    Much love and blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niqui, thanks for that sweet post. So often here we are told that people in other countries don't care for America or Americans. That always makes me a bit sad. So, your post means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you & Janni this year, my Darling, but know this, you were in my heart the whole day!
    Love the patriotic spirit of Americans - beautiful people, awesome nation!
    Always,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete