Thursday, June 9, 2011

Nothing Better than Daddy's Love

This is my most handsome husband, Ian.
We have been married now for 16 years. I always smile when I think about that, because if feels like it was just yesterday. He is honestly the most amazing man I know. He is as stable as a rock, he is so consistent, and has a rock solid faith in the Father. he is also so wise, and always able to see the bigger picture, when I get stuck on the details. I love him with all of me, and it doesn't hurt that he is so darn good looking!! (^^,)

As well as being such an awesome husband, he is the most amazing daddy to our girls. He is kind, patient, loving and always affirming of the girls. He loves to spend quality time with them. And they cherish those moments.


This is our sweet little surprise, Mackenzie Mae, we call her Kenzie Mae. Her name means Destined, and her second name means God's gift. She is the exclamation mark to our family! When we had our 2 big girls, I honestly thought that we were done, but God had a very different idea, and so Kenzie came along. She is our little fire cracker, a busy little bee. She does not sit still, she is always on the move.
This little person is most definitely daddy's girl. I have never seen anything quite like it! When she wakes up in the morning, she sings for her daddy, you'll hear her sing, daddy, dada. I once walked in and she looked at me and said, "No! Out! Dada! We may be playing together in the afternoon, and when Ian walks in, she'll drop everything, and race to the door, do a little dance all the while saying his name over and over. When dad's around I fade into the background. I love watching this all unfold. It makes my heart happy. It always reminds me our what our love for our Heavenly Daddy should be.

When we wake up in the morning, our first thoughts and words should be about our Daddy. We should want to spend time in His presence and when we do, we will find out how much He loves us and wants to teach us. The fact of the matter is that he longs to spend time with us.

When Jesus died on the cross, he cried, My God, My God. Do you know that was the only time that He referred to His Father as God. He did that so we could call God, Father, Daddy

You may not have had the most fabulous example of a dad. Often times the relationship that we share with our fathers mirror the way we see Daddy. It may be hard for you to refer to God as Daddy. It's taken me a long time too. But I encourage you, to take a step of faith, and draw close to Him. Enter His throne room boldly (Hebrews 4:16). You will be so surprised at what you find. A loving Heavenly Father, who adores you!! 



Have a fabulous day!

Chat soon

Niqui xx


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post my sis. That is so honoring, encouraging and inspiring. Send kisses to that little bumble bee for me xxx

    ReplyDelete