Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ngwenya Glass Village

The girls and I spent our afternoon at the Ingwenya Glass Village yesterday. What fun we had.

It was a spur of the moment decision, to get out and go some place new.

They are most known for their beautiful hand blown glass. During the busy season, they give demonstrations. The furnace is off  for now, but I know that the girls and I will be back next year, to watch how they make all their very beautiful creations.



There is so much more to do than to browse the glass shoppe (^^,)

The girls learned how to make candles from scratch




The end result is so very beautiful. They were beaming from ear to ear.
While the girls made their candles, Kenz and I played in the playground, and then did a spot of shopping (^^,)



They have the quaintest little stores, selling all sort of beautiful hand made goodies, from clothes, jewellery, crafts and art.

This was my favourite little shop, Rosewood


LOVE!!




I loved this idea, what a cute wind chime!

This was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon, and we were able to make some special family memories too!!



Always a sign of a successful day when I leave with a shopping bag!! (^^,)

Have a wonderful Sunday, sweet friends



Chat soon,

Niqui xx






No comments:

Post a Comment