Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rest, My Dear

I had a bit of a moment yesterday. I kinda lost my focus and became totally overwhelmed by all I had to do yesterday. I started to get miserable, grumpy and short tempered. Ever had a moment like that?

Just about then I heard my Daddy whisper to me, "Come spend some time with me." What was my response? Oh Lord I have so much house work to do while Kenz sleeps. I've already had my quiet time this morning.
At this point I'm close to tears. The sad thing is that it is not even that time of the month! LOL Quite honestly I had no clue why I was feeling so emotional.

But again Daddy whispered to my heart " Come spend a few moments with me, and grab your New King James..."

So I make a cuppa, and took a seat. I closed my eyes, and just breathed.  He led me to Hebrews 4. The title of the passage... The Promise of Rest!



The Promise of Rest!!


 This is what it says;
Vs 9 and 10
There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

Over the past few weeks, I have been practicing the presence of Jesus. I know that He will never leave me nor forsake me. But I have been actively making sure that I involve Jesus in every aspect of my life. I am slowly starting to learn that He wants to be an active member in my whole life. What is important to me, no matter how trivial or insignificant, is important to Him.

So very gently my Daddy started to show me, that my focus had shifted. Instead of Jesus being my focus, I had become my focus. And this I have learned, if I am busy working on me, then it means that God has stopped working on me!

And that is why the balance has been upset in my little world. I had lost my peace! Time to shift gears, and put the reigns firmly back into my Saviour's hands.

And do you know what He said to me, once we had our precious time together?
"Okay My girl it's time to back to work. I'll help you with your housework! Let's start in the kitchen" No kidding!!

This blew my mind.

Our Awesome, Mighty, Magnificent God is interested in every detail of our lives. Whatever it is that you are facing today, I urge you to take that coffee break, and sit with our Daddy.

Enter into His rest today 


Chat soon, sweet friends

Niqui xx








No comments:

Post a Comment